Does your team struggle with…
- Doing well in school?
- Making friends?
- Trouble making eye contact with others?
- Certain rituals that must be maintained daily and they refuse to alter?
- Mistreats you and your family members?
- Demonstrating love and respect to others?
- An intense, almost obsessive interest in a few areas?
- The development of odd and repetitive movements?
Your Teen Appears:
- Clumsy or awkward
- Awkward in social groups.
- Exceptionally talented or skilled in a particular area such as music or math.
Your teen misunderstands . . .
- Body language, facial expressions and gestures.
- Spoken language in social contexts.
- Social meaning
Are you concerned that your teen?
- Is unable to take good care of him or herself?
- Will not become a responsible, independent adult?
- Is and will remain not able to hold down a steady-paying job?
- May find it impossible to choose a rewarding career?
If you answer “Yes” to the majority of these questions, consider PULSE as a resource for you, your teen and your family. At Groff & Associates, we understand and care for families who have teens who have symptoms of Aspergers, PDD – Pervasive Developmental Disorder, or show signs of autism.
Every teen struggles to stand up and prepare for their future. However, some battle more than others. Our eight (8) week, 90 minute group intensive will help you and your teen understand how to relate better to themselves and with others. Every individual possesses strengths and talents. Activities and discussions are designed to improve your teen’s confidence, self-worth and identity. The program is intended to expand strengths, and grow in love and respect for self and others.
Here are a few of the many things your teen will learn:
1) Myself – Who am I?
2) Others – How do I talk with them?
3) Friends – How do I know?
4) Emotions – How will I understand and live with feelings?
5) Boundaries – What are they and how do I understand and create them?
Groups are segmented by age and gender. The size is limited to 5 individuals. An initial assessment is required and the cost is $75 for the 90-minute group time.
Please contact Sally Groff, Clinical Director, at 317-474-6448 x101 or email Sally@GroffandAssociates.com if you are interested in having your teen participate in our next group.