MA, Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC),
Registered Dietitian (RD)
As a licensed mental health counselor and registered dietitian, it brings me great joy to come alongside clients and help them develop a balanced relationship with food and their bodies. It’s a delight to watch people move from a place of fear and shame to freedom and growth. In each session, I strive to bring a great deal of compassion, understanding, encouragement, and truth as I journey alongside my clients on their road to whole health and recovery.
In my free time, you can find me enjoying the beautiful outdoors whether hiking, biking, kayaking, or just being in nature. I also have a great sense of adventure and enjoy traveling to all destinations whether it be the shores of Lake Michigan or traversing through Europe. I have a passion to live my life to the fullest, as God intended, and hope to guide clients along that route as well.
- MA degree, Lesley University, Cambridge, MA, Mental Health Counseling with a School and Community Focus
- BS degree, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, dual degree in Dietetics and Exercise Science
Mental Health Counseling Specialties
- Adults who struggle with finding work/life balance and are experiencing daily stressors in relationship with spouses, peers, and colleagues.
- Individuals with history of trauma including sexual, physical, verbal, and emotional abuse, domestic violence, community violence, war impacted, and terrorist impacted.
Nutrition and Mental Health Counseling Specialties
- Individuals who turn to food for reasons other than physical hunger.
- Individuals who are below weight or at normal weight for their height and yet still control weight through strict diet, excessive exercise, vomiting, or laxatives.
- Individuals who are thinking about metabolic or bariatric surgery for weight loss purposes and would like to know more about their relationship with food.
Weight Management Counseling
- Individuals wanting to make changes to their food intake and physical activity in order to improve upon physical health.
- Offer grocery shopping tours to learn how to navigate the aisles and purchase the best foods for your health.
- 10+ years working with clients with eating disorders, food addictions, and weight loss challenges related to mental health.
- Nine years of experience working with adolescents and families with major behavior problems including sexually maladaptive behaviors, substance abuse, school problems, and aggressive problems.
- Nine years working with children and adults who are victims of sexual and physical abuse.
- Member of American Mental Health Counseling Association and Licensed Registered Dietitian