While working in the banking industry for 12 years, I enjoyed being able to help couples and families achieve goals in their financial life, but was never able to help outside of the financial portion. As a Marriage and Family Therapy intern from Capella University, I use my education and experience to help children, teenagers, families, and couples work on relationships and work toward their life goals. I find working with children, teenagers, and their parents quite rewarding as I see how the family unit can come together. My husband and I have been married for 14 years and are foster parents, currently working to adopt our 3 foster children. As a unique family, we love making new memories and sharing our traditions from our families. While not working I enjoy camping, crafting, spending time with my husband and three children, and volunteering in my community with foster children and their families. I have a passion for helping to heal the family unit and reunite children with their families when possible.
- Graduate Student in Marriage and Family Therapy at Capella University
- Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family
- Individual adult counseling: Grief and Loss, Effective Communication
- Couples counseling: Marital and Relational Conflict, Effective Communication, Grief and Loss
- Families: Structure, Parenting, Adoption and Foster Care
- Children: Parenting, Effective Communication