MA, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
Who are you in relationship to yourself, others, and God? The answers to these questions create an interesting and sometimes difficult journey. Using therapeutic principles found in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), I join people on this path as they learn to manage their emotions and become an adult in relationships. Journals are often a part of this process and are created by the client in the form of written material, art journals, or a combination of the two. As a Marriage and Family Therapist, I work with individuals and couples that are struggling with the pain and trauma of their partner’s sexual habits, choices, and addictions. Using the Multi-Dimension Trauma model, I help them explore their potential to rebuild their life.
- MA degree, Indiana Wesleyan University, Indianapolis, IN
- Partners of Sex Addicts
- Sexual Addiction
- DBT and Emotional Regulation
- Spiritual Formation
- Personal Growth and Development
- Ministry Families
- Individual Adults/Couples/Families
- “Launching” Issues
- Young Adults aged 17 and older
- Association of Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists (APSATS) training complete
- International Association of Certified Sexual Addiction Specialists (IACSAS) training completed
- PREPARE/ENRICH certified; an inventory tool for premarital counseling
- Tier I/II Star Behavioral Health (Counseling clients with military background)
- Three years of experience leading groups at a substance abuse treatment center
- Women’s group/class teacher in a church setting
- Participation in the development of curriculum for Asperger’s Teenagers
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. According to researcher John Gottman, what are the four things that will destroy your marriage and what are the antidotes for them.
- Who Am I? Personality style and how it impacts relationships and personal growth.
- How to Get Along with Your In-laws. What goes wrong when the relationship gets tense? Learn what to do and what NOT to do.
- How to Keep Your Marriage Alive after the Kids Arrive. Don’t let the kids conspire against you. How to stay in touch with each other on a daily basis.
- How to Bless Your Children. Kids will grow up if you let them. Learn the keys to the success of raising them to be secure, independent, productive adults.
- Keeping Your Cool. Using basic principles from Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), learn how to keep your stormy emotions calm.
- Where Did I Come From? – A family background study utilizing a genogram to determine what has happened in the past and what needs to be changed for future legacies.