MA, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
I am a Marriage & Family therapist, which means I’ve been trained to look at people, not just as isolated individuals, but as individuals deeply embedded in relationships. In my 10 years of practice, my calling has been to help people identify the root causes of their problems, explore what is perpetuating their problems, honestly consider all their options, and encourage them as they take concrete steps toward resolution. I offer unconditional acceptance and strive to create a safe atmosphere where people can explore and express their true selves. I believe that, as we find safe spaces in which to discover, explore, and heal our authentic selves, we can become who we were made to be and allow God to heal and transform us from the very core of our being. The longer I practice the more I realize just how blessed and enriched I am by the privilege of walking with people through their journeys of self-discovery, healing, and growth.
- MA degree, Indiana Wesleyan University, Indianapolis, IN, Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Couples therapy: premarital & marital counseling with an emphasis on improving communication and resolving conflicts
- Individual therapy: exploring childhood/family issues, resolving emotional difficulties, and improving relationships
- Trauma work: individual trauma recovery, including childhood and adolescent physical and sexual abuse/violence
- Intensive training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Certified to administer and interpret the PREPARE/ENRICH Inventory, used in premarital counseling and for marriage enrichment
- Uses a combination of Biblical truth and training in the latest counseling theories and techniques to facilitate personal growth and relief from emotional distress
- Cultivating Peace in an Anxious World
- Personality Types and Conflict Resolution
- Customized presentations about setting healthy boundaries in personal relationships, improving marriages, and healthy Christian sexuality